Moving to Canada and settling there is great. Opportunities are plenty and Canada as a country is very beautiful and offers better living conditions for people. And Canada offers the best PR visa systems for Indians Canada has the best system called the Express Entry system where skilled and educated Indians can apply and get the PR visa and settle in Canada.
Canada is one such country that offers such facilities to immigrants. With such a system, Indians flock in and fly to Canada and settle down there with family and live a good life. So, if you are looking for an opportunity to move to Canada, and settle there, you might have done some basic research on what are the options that you can use and move to Canada and you would have found that there are several methods.
Two such methods are the most sought off; getting a PR visa or getting a work permit. So, with this basic idea, you would have been looking for which is the best for you. So, this article is entirely dedicated to explaining which of these two systems is best for you. So, hop on and learn more.
So, let’s begin with the basics, we first will see what is PR visa and what is Work Permit visa.
What is a PR Visa
Permanent residency(PR) is a visa document, that entitles you as a permanent resident of a country, you are not a citizen but are a permanent resident. The visa offers many features and powers to you.
What is Work Permit Visa
Well, a work permit is a visa that allows overseas people to work in Canada for a certain time period. This visa has limited freedom and you are constricted to certain employers.
So, now that you know what a PR is and what a Work visa is, we can jump into learning why PR is better than a work visa.
Why is PR Visa better than Work Permit
Well, there is a huge difference between these two classes of visas. The PR visa is considered the best among these two and here are the reasons to prove that. So, to make things clear and easy to understand, we will chart down the comparison of the features of both the visa systems.
- If you get a work permit, you can work in Canada for only about 4 years, but if you get a PR visa, you can stay in Canada as long as you want, you can renew your PR visa and continue to work there with ease.
- IF you get a work permit visa, you have to work for the same employer for a certain duration of time but if you are a PR holder, you can work wherever you want, so you get more freedom with a PR visa.
- If you have a work permit and want your kids to be educated in Canada, you have to spend a lot more on their education but with you being a PR holder, your children can avail free education until a certain grade.
- With a work permit visa, you can not avail of any health benefits but, for a PR holder, you get lots of medical facilities.
- With a work permit, you can not enjoy any pension benefits or social security benefits but with a PR visa, you get to experience them.
- With a work permit, you can become a citizen of Canada only when you get the PR visa, but with a Canada PR visa, you can become a citizen once you have completed living in Canada for 1095 days. You just have to apply, the government will access you and if you are eligible you can become a citizen.
- And when it comes to the processing of the visa, getting a PR visa is much easier than getting a work visa. Even though the processing time for a PR visa is more than that of a work visa. The process is simpler and you can get the PR visa with ease if you are eligible.
So, we have discussed everything about why a PR visa is better than a Work permit to Canada. And now, it is up to you, you can make an informed decision about which visa you want to get. If you have more queries, contact JVS immigration in Delhi, one of the best PR visa consultants for Canada. Wait not, get in touch with the experts in JVS immigration and get started with your visa process.