Moving to Canada for a job is a pretty awesome thing. You will get a lot of amenities working in Canada. Well, there are many important things you have to take care of before moving to Canada and one is the visa process. Well, many new applicants will come across a confusion of which visa option to choose to apply. There are two visa options that a person aiming to work in Canada choose: the work permit visa and the permanent resident visa. So, here in this article, we will portray some of the benefits of these two classes of visas and pinpoint why getting a PR visa is better than getting a work permit visa to Canada.
Well, Canada is a country with great opportunities for Indians and they have always welcomed skilled and educated Indians into their country for work and career development.
Many Indians have found Canada to be their dream country and have shifted with colourful opportunities. So, if you are looking for getting the visa and are starting out the process, you may be interested in knowing which visa is better and JVS immigration is here to help you seek out things and choose the best visa option that suits you better.
Choosing between a Canadian PR visa and Canadian work permit is pretty easy. You just have to understand the benefits and the criteria of the application and choose the one that suits your situation.
So, with no due, here we go with discussing the key benefits of both the visas that will provide you with adequate idea on which is best for you.
- Stay Duration:
- With a work permit visa, you can stay and work in Canada for 4 years.
- With a PR visa, you can live and work in Canada permanently.
- Authority to Work in Canada:
- With a work permit you can work with the current employer for a certain period of time. That is you are bound to work there.
- With a PR visa, you can work in any Canadian organisation.
- Take your Family to Canada:
- With a work permit visa, you cannot bring a family member with you to Canada.
- But With a PR visa, you can take your family when all the criteria are met.
- Educational Benefits:
- With a work permit, you will be considered a forign national and you won’t be getting any educational benefits. The cost for educating your child will be 2.5 times higher than what it normally costs.
- With a PR visa, you can educate your child upto high school for free. Thereafter, you can provide them with a college education.
- Health Care Benefits:
- With a work permit visa, you will not get any health care benefits. You have to pay in full for any diagnosis expenses.
- With a PR visa, you are covered under free medical health care schemes.
- Unemployment benefits:
- With a work permit you cannot avail any unemployment benefit.
- With a PR visa, you can avail the unemployment benefits for 6 months.
- Visa Process:
- For getting a work permit visa, the applicant should have a job offer from a recognised Canadian organization. The process is a bit difficult, getting a job in Canada from India is difficult because the organisation has to go through a lot of processes to provide the applicant with a job offer.
- For getting a PR visa, the applicant should have a good experience and skills related to the job position that is in demand in Canada.
Well, these are the differences between a work permit and PR visa. A PR visa holder has an upper hand over a work permit visa holder. Well, it still depends on your situation, you can get a PR visa later on if you are working in Canada with a work permit visa. So, we hope we have given you a pretty detailed comparison between a PR visa and work permit visa. Well, now you have to decide which is best for you and go apply for the following visa category. If you need more details about the criteria for applying for the visas, you can look up the official Canadian immigrations. You can also contact JVS immigration, so you get a real expert explaining the details in person.
So, that we have charted down the basic difference between a PR visa and a work permit visa, it will be easy for you to decide. Well, JVS immigration is here to assist you with any query or confusion, so wait not, just contact JVS immigration and get expert support and opinion on the matter.