Getting a work visa to Australia might feel complicated. This is because the Australian visa system has several visa classifications that have been put up as subclasses. So, the process might be complicated only until you choose the right subclass you choose. So, if you are someone who has been on the lookout for the difference between the Australian subclass 189 visas and subclass 491 visas, you are in the right place, here in this article, you will find everything you need to know about the two subclasses. With this information, you can make a well-informed decision.
Application of visa and going through the process needs planning and proper execution, and for planning, you need to make informed decisions. So, before you start your visa journey, you have to get the help of a qualified consultant or look up authentic websites for valid information. So, if you are looking for a consult and is currently looking for valuable information, you are in the right place, this article will elaborate, explain the difference of both the subclass 189 and 491 visas, and if you have further query, you can always get in touch with the JVS immigrations team and get guidance and support.
So, to begin with, you might wonder what these subclasses are in the Australian visa system and why is there so many, well, let me make it simple, the Australian immigration system is pretty vast and they are constantly immigrants, so to maintain order, a classification is required. Well, this is why there is a lot of different subclasses. So, with the visa types classified, under subclasses, it makes things easier for the immigration professionals and also the people who want a visa.
Well, To begin with, subclass 189 and 491 are both work class visas. So, if you are a skilled worker and planning to move to Australia for a career, you have to know a lot about the subclass and choose the best one, well, after going through this article, you will be able to select the best working subclass visa to Australia.
What’s Subclass 189 Visa(Skilled Independent Visa)
So, what is a subclass 189 visa; well, the subclass 189 visa is a working-class visa with a permanent Australian presidentship. With this visa, you can work anywhere in Australia. There are several factors that need to be discussed to completely understand the subclass 189 visa.
- Well, the subclass 189 visa is for skilled people who have a valid invite from Australia.
- The period of stay is permanent.
- You have to be under the age of 45 for applying for a visa under this subclass.
- With this visa, you can work as well as study anywhere in Australia.
- You can become a permanent resident by sponsoring a family member.
- You will get medical benefits.
- The competition for this visa is very high and only a few professionals can apply and avail of the visa.
So, these were the features of the visa subclass 189 and now, let’s see what documents you need and the process for getting the visa.
Requirements to Avail the Subclass 189 Visa
- You need to submit an expression of interest for getting invited..
- You need to have a score higher than 6 in the IELTS.
- You have to pass the skill assessment test.
- You need to pass the health and character check.
- You need a 65 percent mark for availing of the visa.
Documents Required to Avail this Visa
- Valid passport.
- 2 Passport size photographs.
- A certificate proving your English proficiency.
- Valid educational qualification documents.
- Application form.
- Skill assessment certificate.
- Relationship documents.
- Valid health insurance.
- Employment invite document.
So, these are the documents that you need to arrange for before you apply for the Australian subclass visa 189.
So, with this, you might have got a clear idea about the subclass visa 189. So, let’s move on to the next visa type i.e subclass 491 visa.
What’s subclass 491 visa(Skilled Work Regional Visa)
If you wonder what is the subclass 491 visa, here is the detailed explanation; this visa is a working visa and unlike the subclass 189 visa this can only be used in a single location of Australia. This visa is something similar to subclass 189 but with a limitation in mobility, with this visa, you can only work/ study/ stay in a specific location in Australia.
- With this visa, you can stay in Australia for 5 years.
- You can apply for a PR once after you work there for three years.
- You can take your partner to Australia.
- You can sponsor your parents once you have completed two years in Australia.
- You will not be getting any medical benefits.
So, that you know the salient features, you can easily choose what’s best for you. So, now, let’s move on to learning the document requirements for availing of the subclass 491 visa:
Requirements to Avail the Subclass 491 Visa
- You need to have a good IELTS score( preferably more than 6).
- You must be in between the age range of 18 to 45.
- You need a sponsor to avail of the visa.
- You need a 65 percent mark for availing of the visa.
- You have to have a minimum of 6 percentage in the skilled migration point test.
The document requirements for availing of the subclass 491 visa are the same as of the subclass 189 visa.
So, by now, you would have understood the difference, so you can now make a thoughtful decision., by analyzing the criteria. Hope the concept is clear by now, and if you have any queries, don’t hesitate to contact JVS immigrations and get expert guidance and opinions.