Australian PR visa process is based on some simple criteria. These criteria are what Indians choose to take advantage of and move to Australia with ease. Australia offers PR visas to many skilled people and the country is on the lookout for developing some backward sectors and they want skilled immigrants to get involved in the developmental aspects. Well, the system is very effective, many Indians use it and the competition is pretty high. So, to filter the population entering Australia through the PR system, they have a point-based system in place.
Well, some of you might have heard of the point-based system but some might be new and need a briefing. Well, as mentioned above the point-based visa system is put in place to help the authority filter out highly skilled individuals to offer them opportunities. The point-based system revolves around some basic criteria like age, educational qualification, years of experience, specific skills and much more.
So, that you have a basic idea of the point-based system, let’s discuss the system in detail, so you get a better understanding before you start with the process. The criteria are split into different categories. Well, here are the class and their respective scores.
How many Points Required for Australia PR Immigration
Well, here are the scores of the respective criteria with this you can see how you can improve the scores and what is your current score.
- If you are between 18-24, you will get 25 points.
- If you are between 25-32, you will get 30 points.
- If you are between 33-39, you will get 25 points.
- If you are between 40-44, you will get 15 points.
- For Less than 3 years of experience, you get 0 points.
- For 3-4 years of experience, you get 5 points.
- For 5-7 years of experience, you get 10 points.
- For 8-10 years of experience, you get 15 points.
Skilled Employment in Australia
- For less than 1 year, you get 0 points.
- For 1-2 years of experience, you get 5 points.
- For 3-4 years of experience, you get 10 points.
- For 5-7 years of experience, you get 15 points.
- For 8-10 years of experience, you get 20 points.
- For a doctorate degree, in or outside Australia you get 20 points.
- For a bachelor’s or masters degree from Australian universities or institutes outside Australia, you get 15 points.
- For a Diploma completed in Australia, you get 10 points.
- Any awards recognised by the assessing authority will reward you 10 points.
Well, these are the criterias and the points associated with the criteria. Well, if you are planning to take your spouse to Australia, there are some criteria that can add points to your profile.
- If your spouse is a PR holder or a Citizen of Australia, you get 10 points.
- If your spouse has competent English with a positive skill assessment score. You get 10 points.
- If your spouse is competent in English, you get 5 points.
There are other criteria that can add points to your profile and they are:
- Relative or regional sponsorship- 15 points.
- State sponsorship- 5 points.
- Professional year in the skilled program in Australia- 5 points.
- Accredited in community language- 5 points.
Well, we have summed up all the criteria that will earn you points, so with this, you can say how many points you will score compared with your credentials. So, coming to the point, you are here to learn the minimum points you need to score to get the PR visa. The minimum point is 65. Anything above this will earn you an Australian PR visa.
So, by now, you would have calculated your points and if it is above 65 you can be happy and proceed with the process, but if it is less, you would certainly panic, just don’t worry, there are some neat tricks to boost your points. You can contact a credible consultant like JVS immigration and get their advice on improving your points. Well, we have put up the minimum score at the end, so you get a hang of all the important aspects of the point-based system before you truly know the minimum points you need to apply for an Australian PR visa
So, we hope that the points-based system that Australia employs is clear to you. You can contact JVS immigration with any query and the team will happily support you with the query. With JVS immigration at your side, your moving to Australia with the PR visa is pretty neat. Hop on and get in touch with the experts and make your visa process simple and easy.